Monday, July 2, 2012

More Red, White, and Blue

Another pillow that will work great during July but also could be up all summer.
  I love dual purpose things.



Here is what I did. Once again cut a 18 inch x 18 inch white piece of fabric. Then, I cut out 1 1/2 inch strips of fabric and sewed onto pillow at a diagonal.  Sewing along both edges.  Once again I was going for the frayed look and left the edges raw. I would suggest starting in the center of the pillow that way it will act as a guide and help keep all your pieces running in the right direction.  I left a little space between each strip and did this until the whole front piece was covered.

Oh and I also turned this into a pillow cover.  So I did the same steps for the back as the last pillow.


Just the strips by itself was OK but to add a little more pizazz to it.  I made three rosettes out of red fabric and attached them to the pillow. 


I was just going to sew them in place with a needle and thread but for whatever reason I couldn't find my needle! So I hot glued a safety pin to the back and pinned to pillow. 


I love how it turned out and how the red adds a nice pop of color.


And goes nicely with my other pillow!



Have a fun 4th of July!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Super Super Cute Chelsea! I may have to dust off my sewing machine and attempt this one.

    ReplyDelete