Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My favorite hot drink

I know this isn't supposed to be a recipe blog but I love this drink so much that I had to share. 
 I've been drinking this for years and always try to keep it in stock.  Not only is it wonderful for the cold weather but also the best for when you’re sick.  It never fails whenever I get a cold I crave this.
We always just called it Orange Citrus Drink…Haha creative huh :)  Maybe if you try it and like it (which of course you will) you’ll have to come up with a more cleaver name.
All you need is:
2 cups powdered orange-drink mix (I always use tang)
1 (3oz) pkg. presweetened powdered-lemonade mix ( I never buy the pkg. but the mix that comes in a container that is the same size as the tang)
1-1/3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
Mix all ingredients together. Then put in an air-tight container.  The recipe says it will last up to 6mons. but I’m pretty sure I’ve used it past the 6 mons and it still tasted great. Also the recipe doesn’t make that much so I always double it.   
Heat up a mug of water and add 2 or 3 heaping teaspoons of the mix and enjoy!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment