Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Heart Pillow

Hello!  Hope everyone is having a good day so far!  I'm amazed with myself for getting this post up before noon, so I can tell its gonna be a good one for me :)

Anyways,  I hope its not getting too redundant but I thought of yet another stencil project.  I honestly started out with only one stencil project but then more and more seem to pop in my head. So I figure why not, I might as well make them. 

I wanted to make a valentines pillow for my bench I have by my front door.  I had some left over burlap from the valentines garland, and figured burlap would be a great fabric to use for outdoors. 


It was a quick project, easily finished in one afternoon(just the way I like it).  Just like the other stencil projects I've talked about I cut out a big heart using freezer paper. Ironed it on the burlap, dabbed pink paint on and let dry for a few minutes. Then I cut out the arrow and ironed on, then dabbed white paint.  Let dry.  Then putting right sides together sew all the way around the edges, leaving a gap big enough for your hand to get through.  Since its burlap I had to use a pretty big seem allowance probably around 1/2 inch to an inch.  

After that turn inside out.  Then this is my favorite part.  I stuffed the pillow using grocery bags.  If you're anything like me you have a million grocery bags under your sink.  I always have good intentions of recycling them but always seem to forget to take them with me when I go out.  So they pile up and drive me nuts!!Plus, since this is supposed to be an outdoor pillow I didn't want to have to worry about it getting wet. Not that it ever rains in my neck of the woods...but still!

Here is one more picture of it close up.  I think it turned out pretty cute. 


If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! 

Happy Wednesday!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment