Friday, February 17, 2012

Spring Table Runner

I'm still not ready to take down my Valentines decor, maybe after this weekend. I have really enjoyed having it up though and will be sad to put it away.

However, now that we are all focused on Spring I wanted to share this table runner I made.  I needed something to replace my snowflake table runner and bring some color to my living room.



I was lucky enough a few months ago to have access to my Grandma's big stash of fabric and came home with this awesome blueish, green, retro fabric.   I loved not only the color but the feel of the fabric gave it some texture.  Isn't it awesome?!  Oh and the white fabric is from a curtain that I ended up altering and was left with a bunch left over.  I knew it would eventually come in handy.  I also made the Be Mine pillow out of it.  I love when I can reuse the things I have around my house. Makes me happy. 



Once again I, for now, didn't want anything to overly complex. Just simple squares.  What can I say I'm just a simple gal :)   I cut my square about 6 in x 6 in. and honestly if I had it to do over I would have made them bigger maybe 9 in x 9 in.  but I liked it enough to just leave it the way it was.  I'd suggest measuring the table or space you want it to cover and decide how big you want your squares from there.


Slapped on a back and stitched around the edge to finish.  Once again, I really like projects that come together quick and easy and this was just how this turned out.


Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Have a Sublime weekend!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment