Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Wreath

Over the past few years my husband and I have been working hard at planting flowers and trees around our house.  This year I finally feel like all that work is paying off. I am loving all the beautiful spring flowers that are in bloom especially the ones by my front walk.  They make the house look so inviting.   Just looking at them make me smile and relax a little. Now it's just keeping it looking that way when the temperature goes up past 100 degrees!

So the other day my sweet sister, Jessie, called and said she made a spring wreath and wondered if I'd be interested in putting it up on this blog.  I, of course, jumped at the chance! All of my sister are so talented and it so fun to see and hear about all the projects they are involved in!  They inspire me daily!   So this amazing Spring Wreath was made by my amazing sister! 

(pictures courtesy of Jessie :) )

I will try my best to relay her directions so you can make one too! 

Jessie said Joannes was having a sale on there spring flowers. ( Hopefully they are still on sale or if not keep an eye out for coupons or for them to go on sale again.) So she bought 6 bundles of lilac flowers at around 5 dollars per bundle. (By the way I have a few lilac bushes around my house that are in bloom right now and they smell amazing!)


Next, she cut the stems in half so she was left with a shorter bundle of blossoms. 


Using a foam wreath form she stuck the end of the stem into the form and also used hot glue to secure them in place.


She would periodically fill in spaces with the leaves.





Keep going all the way around until the form is completely covered and the wreath look nice and full.
After, she glued a ribbon in the back of the wreath for a hanger.  Jessie, also mentioned that she put any left over blossoms in a vase, which I loved! any added color around the house always brightens my spirits. 

There you have it! A easy but very cute spring project! 


Happy Spring!!

Chelsea
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment