Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bunny Pillow

Here is another quick Easter project...
 
In my head a holiday, of any kind, isn't complete without a pillow.  My couch was lacking an Easter/Spring pillow.  It's funny I'm finding that with each project I start out thinking it will be one way then when the project is actually complete it ends up slightly different then the origanal plan.  I can't decide if that's a good thing or not....

Anyways, I was going to put some Eastery words around the bunny but in the end decided against it. 


I knew from the beginning though that I had to make a pom-pom for the bunny's tail!  I love it! I think it gives more demension and my kids love that they can touch the fluffy tail. 

Here's all I did...
I googled a bunny image that I liked then printed it out on paper.  I traced it on heat bond paper and ironed on fabric I wanted for the bunny.  Then with scissors cut out bunny shape and iron on to fabric pillow.  I knew I wanted my main pillow fabric colorful and bright.  That way the bunny would stand out and it would screams spring. 

Then using my sewing machine I sewed the blanket stitch around my bunny.  After that I found a button for the eye and made a big fluffy pom-pom for the tail.  I didn't take pictures of the how I made the pom-pom so here is a link I found that can help if you need.  However, there are many tutorials out there so just google it and you can find one you like.



Place front and back fabric facing eachother and sew all around it leaving a opening at the bottom big enough for your hand to get through.  Stuff with cotton and sew up the bottom using the whip stitch. And youre done! Now stand back and admire your work!


Thats all for now! 

Chelsea


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment